viernes, 20 de julio de 2012

Fried-days

Finally reading 'perks of being a wallflower'. Yippee! Not through reading, but it's already in my top 5 fave books.

I've decided to start using capital letters and proper punctuation in my writing again. I hope this doesn't mess up my stream-of-conscious-eqsue-ness.

I've also found that I actually have a problem with money. Spending on a whim. Never saving enough money for the things I actually need to pay for. Sigh, is this real life? Dad?

The final Dark Knight movie came out today! I'm excited to see it w/ the boyf tonight. I mean, it won't be the same w/out you know who, but we don't talk about dem things.

Lil's sis is moving to Columbia in about a month. That just blows my mind. I mean, Tolu...in the Biggest Apple??--the fuck. Why is it that my sis, one of my closest friends and just about half of my graduating class is moving/has already moved to NY? Also, what is it about the big city that makes people feel so small yet so big and alive all at once? All I know is I'm excited to visit soon!

OH MY GOSH, I've already bought my tickets to see Matisyahu on the 7th of August. Couldn't be more excited. I need to listen to his new CD, but I'm afraid I may not like it as much as his last...b/c his last was so amazing...and what if he only sings his new stuff at this concert?! Sigh, I mustn't worry about such things I guess. It'll be a grande time either way.

I've been buying a lot of cute stuffs lately- clothes mostly! Next on my list: black gladiator sandals (b/c my pair got destroyed o_O); yellow doc martens; black skinny jeans; jeans in general; black semi-professional-looking skirt; not so professional looking skirts; oh! and ofcouse, a black cami. Oh, I guess I shouldn't buy so much black...nah, black is the new black!!

A plus tard.


1 comentario:

  1. you said it right there: nyc makes you feel small but so big and alive at the same time. the entire city is opposites colliding. it's chaos, yet there's an ultimate harmony in the common human experience.
    i really should give Perks another chance, since everyone raves about it. but when i started it, yeaaaars ago, i just wasn't into it. i think i just didn't read enough, didn't give it a chance. (and let me just mention that it's super depressing that i haven't read anything new lately. well i guess that's not entirely true. miranda july came out with a new book called "it chooses you." it's just a collection of interviews she did with strangers from the pennysaver, but anyway...)
    i wish i could go to that concert with you, i really do. i just realized it may be silly for me to buy a ticket when 1) i don't have a car right now and 2) i would spend all my money just putting gas in said nonexistent car. another time, though!

    ResponderBorrar