So, at work this morning (actually im still here...fancy that), an older...well, old, man came in; his name was Jim Ricart...yea, something like that. Anyway, he came up to my receptionist desk and at the sight of my name plack (yes, im that important :) ), he proclaimed, 'that is a weird last name' lol. I was like 'haha, yea...'. He went on to tell me how he had Vietnamese neighbors that he raised, apparently. He said they refer to him as their 'white grandpa'...LOL. He told me about how they're just wonderful kids...and how their all engineers now, or something 'brilliant', he said. He also mentioned his son went to Academy some years ago (well, many years ago...you see, this man was old...like i said). He said he hadn't been on this land in 35 years! DANG. I told him things had probably changed a lot since then, he agreed. He was a sweet lil thang. Anyway, it's people like this that make me smile.
I talked to a lil hispanic lady on the phone earlier too. I say 'lil' because she sounded like she'd be a cute petite lil thang...the type that'd wear her hair back trynna look all professional and stuff, but she'd have tiny lil size 5 shoes or something...that's just what i gathered from her voice, lol. She spoke very little English, apparently. She was so sweet about it too; she was all like 'i don't speak very much English. Do you speak Spanish? Can i speak in Spanish??' ...like she needed my permission or something...understandably though, she had to ask. Even though i can speak Spanish, well at least i could manage to communicate with someone who only spoke Spanish, i spoke to her in English just out of habbit... silly me. Anyway, i said she should go ahead and speak spanish and id try to understand...cuz ive taking several years of it and all. I understood what she said and i told her id direct her to someone to help her. she wanted to get some info on the school because she'd like to e
nroll her son. I told her , in English :/, id transfer to someone who could be of assistance. I really hope she received adequate help...i really do. For a while i wanted to call her back and ask her, in Espanol lol, if she got the help she needed. i resisted though, i figured the school might be used to dealing with ESL people...i mean, that only makes sense right? that'd be horrible if they couldn't help her because of some sort of language barrier.I digress, well sorta. I just read an article about this Axel W. bitch who supposedly stabbed this woman 18 times because she sued him for calling her a terrorist in '08 cuz she wore a hijab and all...18 TIMES...REALLY??! ... A Dios Mios!!
I went to church on Saturday...fancy that. I hadn't been in a while, especially while i was away at school and all. I kinda felt like the whole church thing wasn't for me. Not that i don't like hearing the Word or anything like that. But most all the churches i've attended have been too...well, white. I bring in color only because ...well, my church is predominantly white, you see...as in it's like 90% white. the whole conservative church services thing has never really tickled my fancy if you know what i mean... i mean, they are rarely lively enough. I'm not saying white people are characteristically boring or anything like that...obviously, cuz well...that'd be silly, wouldn't it? ANYWAY, We heartlessly...well, seemingly heartlessly...well, maybe that's not the word, but anyway, we not so enthusiastically (there we go) sing a couple hymns ...and idk, i just dont feel it sometimes. I'd have to be really concentrated to get something out of a Worthing Seventh-Day Adventist church. So anyway, this Saturday i went to church. Naturally, we sang a buncho 'God Bless America' type songs...seeing how it was Independence Day and all. The sermon though was about the existence of God. It's kinda what i needed. Pastor Seibold talked of how in the same way people were given the facts about the approaching monster of a storm that hit New Orleans and how some didn't act out of fear or pure ignorance, people neglected to realize the facts that point to the existence of God. Out of fear of being blasphemous, i tend not to voice my questions concerning the existence of God, but id be lying if i said id never questioned. I won't detail too much the basis of my faith, but ive decided God has done too much in my life for me think there is no God. The pastor also talked of how to God, wishing death upon someone is as much a sin as killing someone...for hatred is still in that person's heart. This got me to thinking a lot...i mean, the pastor also said whether or not we follow through with lustful thoughts, lusting after someone is a sin in and of itself...see this is what im unsure of. I mean, isn't it human nature to lust. Granted, i suppose we should resist this force for it can lead to ...well, it distract us from our goals or rather, what should be our goals...?
Hmm, i might come back to that one later...religion is always a tough-ee.
<3

No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario